Hostex 2022 – where you engage with your industry!
Hostex 2022 REFRESHED doors open to a vibrant industry on Sunday 26 June at 9:30am at Sandton Convention Centre.
Charlene Hefer, Hostex Portfolio Director: “More than ever Hostex will be about discovering new developments, learning about new trends, tasting, trading, and enjoying all that our one-stop-sourcing platform has to offer!”
Come and experience your industry platform – where a strong line-up of exciting attractions, innovative products and services, and great show specials is brewing!
Comeback Sunday – for a resilient industry making a comeback
Sustainability Monday – sustainability is becoming an industry hallmark
Technology Tuesday – technology is changing our world for the better
Coffee aromas | cheffing skills | innovative products | delectable tastings | tackling food waste | brand new tech | hot show specials | fun competitions | and the best people to engage with
The Coffee Market
This is where you get your caffeine fix and explore innovative products and services from local and international exhibitors.
The Speciality Coffee Association of SA (SCASA) is hosting the annual National Semi-final Competition in Barista, Latte Art, and Cup Taster divisions.
Hot action at the Skillery
SA Chefs’ the Skillery is responding to industry needs in their Hostex 2022 programme:
· 30-minute brand engagement and demo activities by top chefs, featuring sponsors’ products
· The RCL Foods Young Chef Competition in partnership with SA Chefs on Comeback Sunday
· Brand engagement activity for Chefs with Compassion’s #67000Litres Mandela Day challenge on Sustainability Monday
· A showdown in the City Lodge Hotel Group cook-off between top chefs, Trevor Boyd and Keegan Maistry, and a chocolate art Chef Showcase on Technology Tuesday
· The Skillery’s programme closes with the announcement of the recipient of the Bryan Montgomery Bursary Fund for a young trainee chef at a recognised culinary institution
Many of your industry’s biggest food, beverage, and equipment names will be there, including:
· Core Catering
· Vulcan Catering & Bakery Equipment
· Unilever Food Solutions
· BCE Foodservice Equipment
· Rhodes Food Group
· Moutai – a unique-tasting Chinese sorghum liquor made mostly by hand in clay pots
· EnviroMall’s new eco-friendly bakers packaging range, new product and gift boxes
· DrillClean’s GreaseOff, which breaks down animal fat in grease traps
· On the Green Side’s ready-to-heat-and-eat plant-based vegan-friendly products
· Sir Juice’s SOMA, a fresh, cold chain range of non-dairy milks, and Luckybird syrups and purées
· Matomani’s superfood range of mopani grub-based products – mopani grub snacks, powder, cracker biscuits, protein bars, and a 60% protein flour
· Sani-Touch’s compostable cleaning cloths made from plant fibre
· Carrington Cookies’ ready-to-bake premium cookie dough
· SA Harvest, a national food rescue and hunger relief organisation, is engaging with industry about food waste, sustainability, and redirecting food waste to alleviate hunger
· Tech-based products that promise to enable the industry to move successfully into digitalisation
Show specials, demos and competitions
· Show specials, live demonstrations, competitions, tastings, and other attractions will add value and interest to the excellent Hostex 2022 REFRESHED experience.
· WIN WINE! TallOrder POS is running a lucky draw competition. Four lucky visitors can each win a case of top-end PaardenKloof Estate wine. Just visit the stand or complete the online form.
Don’t miss it – 614 days until Hostex 2024!
Hostex 2022 is the show you’ve been waiting for. When it closes on Tuesday 28 June, there’s a 614-day wait until Hostex 2024 opens on 3 March.